Watch the “Before You Invest, Investor.gov” television spot and see other materials from the campaign.
Investor Alerts and Bulletins
Answers to Common Questions
Red Flags of Fraud
Researchers have found that investment fraudsters hit their targets with an array of persuasion techniques that are tailored to the victim's psychological profile. Protect your investments by watching out for these red flags:
- It sounds too good to be true
- "Guaranteed returns" (they don't exist)
- The "halo" effect, which makes con artists seem likable or trustworthy
- "Everyone is buying it" pitches
- Pressure to send money right now
- Small favors (free lunch or workshop)
Financial Planning Tools
401(k) & IRA Required Minimum Distribution Calculator
Find out how much you are required to withdraw from your retirement fund at various ages.
Compound Interest Calculator and Savings Goal Calculator
See how your invested money can grow over time through the power of compound interest, or use the savings goal calculator to find out how much you need to save to reach a specific amount.