- Introduction to the Markets
- Investing Basics
- Researching & Managing Investments
- Employment to Retirement
- Life Events
Press Alt + shift + h then Enter to skip to secondary navigation. Mac users press Control + shift + h
Using EMMA - Researching Municipal Securities and 529 Plans
Information available to investors on the EMMA website includes:
- Municipal disclosure documents, including a bond’s Official Statement (a disclosure document similar to a prospectus) as well as annual financial reports, audited financial statements, material event notices and other continuing disclosures such as any ratings changes, principal and interest payment delinquencies and non-payment related defaults,
- Free real-time access to bond prices and yields, including when the bond was sold or purchased,
- Market data for municipal bonds, including interest rates and credit ratings,
- An Education Center, which helps investors better understand market data and disclosure documents for municipal bonds and 529 College Savings Plans,
- Information and disclosures on 529 College Savings Plans,
- A video showing what is on the website and how to access it.
EMMA is the website of the Municipal Services Rulemaking Board (MSRB). The MSRB is the self-regulatory organization (SRO) for brokers, dealers, banks and municipal advisors that engage in municipal securities and advisory activities. An SRO is an entity that regulates its industry through the adoption of rules governing the conduct of its members. The MSRB has operated under Congressional mandate with oversight by the Securities and Exchange Commission since 1975.